There's a palpable buzz of excitement as I officially unveil the Digital Media Lab (DML) to the world. So, what's the essence of DML?
What's Digital Media All About?
At its core, Digital Media Lab is my canvas to paint the diverse landscape of digital businesses.
While I've embarked on several digital ventures throughout the years, their stories remained untold — until now.
DML is my commitment to pulling back the curtain, sharing the gritty, real, and sometimes whimsical tales of building digital assets.
The highs, the lows, the complexities, and the surprising simplicities when approached with the right mindset.
But it's not just about me. DML will spotlight the solo creators, the unsung heroes who've treaded paths you might be considering. Their journeys, their insights, their stories will find a voice here.
Now, a candid confession: I don't have a blueprint for DML's journey ahead. And that's the thrilling part!
Many budding entrepreneurs have a vision but not the complete roadmap.
But it’s the vision that counts, the initial spark. From there, it's about iterating, learning, and pivoting. That's the essence of business, and together, we’ll discover each step of the way.
For years, the concept of this website simmered in the back of my mind. I'd daydream about its potential, ponder its mechanics, and envisage its impact. Yet, until now, it remained just that – a dream.
But until today, it never came even close to being started.
Why the delay?
The hustle of building my own assets, advancing my career, consulting, and serving clients consumed me.
Amidst the rush to create and live, pausing to chronicle the nuances felt elusive.
Moreover, the social media landscape, with its parade of 'influencers', often seemed superficial. Their narratives, wrapped in layers of pretense, felt distant from my reality.
I've always been driven by authenticity, not applause. I never aspired to wear the 'influencer' badge or to fit into society's mold. I’ve always wanted to remain genuine, to tread my own path.
However, something shifted recently.
A growing urge to share, to bond, and to make a difference took root. More than success, I yearned for change and connection. The Digital Media Lab is a testament to that transition.
Projects In The Lab
I'm embarking on a transparent journey, documenting my progress and insights. Instead of a rigid posting schedule, I'll share updates when I feel there's meaningful content, ensuring genuine value for everyone tuning in.
However, as we move forward, I do envision bringing a consistent rhythm to these updates. Think weekly insights, peppered with inspiring stories of other creators, their struggles, and triumphs.
Over the past few months, I've carved out time to dedicate to DML's growth, by selling or abandoning a number of past projects (and clearing out some clients along the way). Here's a sneak peek into the projects I'm diving into:
- My Portfolio Of Websites Selling Link Placements - A venture I launched in 2019, this initiative continues to thrive, largely on autopilot. While it demands a modest 1-2 hours daily, the returns have been nothing short of spectacular!
- DML Newsletter - A community of curious minds eager to delve into the world of digital businesses. Target? A robust 10,000 subscribers within the next year.
- Twitter Presence - Building a Twitter community holds immense potential, both for engagement and monetization. My current expertise? Well, let's just say I'm starting from scratch. Aim? Matching our newsletter goal: 10,000 followers in a year.
- First Info Product - I'm crafting an info product bundle, which includes an eBook, videos, and essential resources. Slated for launch by year's end. The financial aspiration? Keeping in line with our theme of tens, I'm aiming for $10,000 within a year.
Looking Ahead to 2024:
- Launching a faceless YouTube channel.
- Establishing an Etsy Store.
- Any additional digital business you'd like to see me test and establish?
You'll get a front-row seat to my journey: the strategies, the hiccups, the lessons, and all the in-betweens.